Saturday 10 March 2012

Change

How much do we change when we age? This is true to my opinion, hardly debatable. Some things stay the same, the exception to the rule. I still want to finish writing my novel, which I started about 10 years ago. I still have the same wants and needs, it is nearly frightening how similar they are, from the 21 year old me to the 31 year old me. I could go further into detail but at the moment I decide not to. Do we have the same worries as we age? I think not. I have seen myself worry and concern a lot less as I have aged. One of the reasons I started to study biology at university was me trying to prevent my own death through genetic manipulation, or was it. I am not scared of death, but I am convinced that humans can achieve great goals if they really try.

Do you remember they saying that people will regret what they did in the past, like slacking off at school and then not landing a well paying job, maybe being on welfare etc? The majority of people probably does not regret, any thoughts on this? I could have done more at high school / college, but I had fun, I lived and loved my life as I wanted to, specifically at the time. This is what everyone ought to do. How much change is even possible? I do not adhere to the vague theory that everything is set in place already, so we can change the world in my opinion. We can do what we want, preferably this would be doing good. Or at the very least doing good for ourselves!

Do you want to change yourself? Do you really want to? Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment